Countdown to Home

Saturday, October 15, 2011

We have less than a week left in Ireland. Wild!!

Rigel's first bunch! Such a proud mama.


Today I'm not feeling well so Edie and I have positioned ourselves on the couch and are watching Cinderella.

Our plans have changed a bit! Here is our new travel itinerary for the next few months. Something to keep in mind is that we are only allowed to bring a backpack for luggage that weighs under 20 pounds... This may be the ultimate challenge consdering a.) the climate changes we are going to go through, b.) the different activities we hope to engage in, and c.) my affinity for clothing and shoes.

October 22-25: Edinburgh, Scotland
We will be staying with a Dartmouth professor (most likely). We hope to do a lot of hiking and exploring the area. Hilary Lynd, a friend of mine from home who is studying in Edinburgh with Brown University will be a delightful addition to the trip as well!
October 25-28: Malaga, Spain 
We will be staying with Paula Fernandez, a girl who stayed with Faith during junior year for a few weeks as part of an exchange program.
October 28-31: Madrid, Spain
Staying with another Dartmouth professor! Faith is excited to speak spanish in Europe as opposed to Central America. I'm excited to have a translator!
October 31 -Nov 4: Barcelona, Spain
More sightseeing and frivolity. Mostly sightseeing.
November 4-15: Frankfurt, Germany
We will stay with Philipp Langer!! Hooray! Philipp has the time off from school so we'll have plenty of time to spend with him. Other than that I'm not really quite sure what's on the agenda... We shall see, and we shall take pictures!
November 15-30: St. Petersburg, Russia
Faith will be staying with Kristina Petrushina (!!), and I will be with Anastasia Ushakova, her best friend! I couldn't be more excited to be in St. Petersburg, even though it will be bitter cold. It is a challenge I accept.
November 30-December 5: London, England
That's right. Hopefully I'll get to see some of my fellow Skidmore classmates here... But not quite sure how that's going to work out. We shall see!
December 5-6: Dublin, Ireland
December 6-7: Flying home to all of you lovely people




Lydia is going to Paris with her best friend Freya this week and Faith and I are going to be picking strawberries this afternoon to make some extra money for our travels (aka "Ooooh I like that hat!"). Now if you'll excuse me I'm terribly preoccupied with cartoons.


Slainte! (Cheers)

Rigel, like.

No comments:

Post a Comment